Chat Bots are all the rage these days, starting with the Facebook push to get companies and people to use their Messenger chat platform. Things have progressed rapidly, and recently, more new tools have been designed and deployed using AI (artificial intelligence).
These new chatbots simplify interaction between humans and computers have hit the market in a BIG way. They can be used as Virtual Assistants, with lead magnets, for customer service and support, offering sales and coupons, and in so many other ways.
Essentially, in all kinds of industries, these apps can help you provide better service to your customers and potential customers. Whether you operate an offline business or are selling products or services online, there is a chatbot that will help you.
So What Exactly IS a Chatbot, Anyway?
The formal definition of a chatbot is that it is artificial intelligence (AI) software that simulates a normal conversation (or a chat) with a user. It uses natural language that makes it feel natural for the user to have a conversation and can be deployed through a variety of messaging applications on websites, mobile apps or even through a phone call.
Are Chatbots Important For Your Business?
Yes indeed, they sure are. Statistics show just how important: Here are a few to give you an idea of the force that chatbots are having and will have on business in 2019 and beyond:
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg has revealed that Chatbots will be the secret to their success over the next TEN YEARS.
- There are many billion dollar companies like Amtrak who are already using Chatbots and getting ROIs of 800% or more.
- By 2021, 50% of companies will spend more on Bots than on mobile apps.
- By next year, the average person will have more chat with Bots than with their spouse!
- Gartner predicts that chatbots will power 85 percent of all customer service interactions by the year 2020
- 48% of consumers would rather connect with a company via live chat than any other mean of contact.
- 57% of consumers are interested in chatbots for their instantaneity.
- 35% of consumers want to see more companies using chatbots.
- 55% of consumers are interested in interacting with a business using messaging apps to solve a problem.
- 95% of consumers believe ‘customer service’ is going to be the major beneficiary of chatbots.
Although a chatbot is often described as an advanced expression of how interactions between humans and machines can work, from a technological point of view, a chatbot represents the natural evolution of a Question Answering system.
The chatbot works by leveraging Natural Language Processing (NLP). It formulates a conversation based on user responses and feels like you are talking with a real person. Users prefer this over filling out a lifeless form or ticking boxes and submitting their name and email or other contact information.
How Does A Chatbot Work?
Basically, there are two different tasks at the core of every chatbot that you will see being used today:
- User request analysis.
- Returning the appropriate response to the request.
- User Request Analysis: This first task that a chatbot performs analyzes the user’s request to then identify the user’s intent and also to extract relevant points.
Note that it is important that you set up the exchange properly to be able to identify the user’s intent and then extract data and relevant action to take. So it is that first exchange getting the ball rolling that is very important and critical. At the end of the exchange, you need to be able to correctly understand the user’s request.
So after the requests are made by the user based on your initial requests to the user, the chatbot must provide the most appropriate response for the user’s request. The answer may be any one of the following responses:
• some generic and predefined text you have added.
• some text that is retrieved from your knowledge base that may contain a series of possible different answers.
• a reply that is contextualized based on the data the user has provided to the query.
• some data or content that is stored in the website or on off-site systems.
• a result of an action that the chatbot performed through interacting with one or more backend applications.
• a follow-on question to get further clarification that will help the chatbot to more accurately understand the user’s query.
How Chatbots Can Help YOUR Business…
The whole intent for using chatbot applications are to streamline interactions between people and your products or services. This greatly enhances the customer experience, which is desired. The chatbot apps have proven to be extremely popular (see the statistics above regarding chatbot trends).
People like chatbots and prefer to interact through these as they are more personable and seem like you are interacting with a human being. They get much of the same feedback as with talking or chatting with a real person. But you are not paying for that person, rather the chatbot is working for you 24/7!
Chatbots offer all kinds of companies a new opportunity to improve their customer engagement process and also improve operational efficiency by reducing the typical cost of customer service you provide. You also do not need to pay any social security tax, FUTA, SUTA, etc.
Remember that for the chatbot to be successful for your business, it must be able to effectively perform both of these tasks (customer engagement and efficiency). This is where our services come into play. We have a chatbot sequence for every business and can design a specialized chatbot that can be unique to your business.
Which Chatbot Application Is Right For You?
Depending on the need, we work with you to create the sequences that answer those needs. There are many different approaches and tools that you can use to develop a chatbot. Depending on the use case you want to address, we will create a copywriting process focusing on you and provide a flow of questions and answers to get to the end point you are looking for from your customers or prospects.
We can focus on growing your lead list, customer service, scheduling appointments, selling more services or products, and etc. The options are endless really. This is the beauty of chatbots. They are very versatile and can be used by every business having a website. This is our area of expertise, and we even do things other agencies cannot do.
We can delay the opening of the chatbot, we can have it pop up on exit, we can embed the app in your content, and we can even have a full page chatbot to capture attention and get customers to respond. Our team is very interested in working with you to get the best solution you need to be created and deployed.
How Much Is The Chatbot Going To Cost Me?
Is There A Guarantee?
Yes, there is. We will support the initial app that you have contracted for over the next year. Thereafter, we would apply a maintenance cost to upgrade or edit the chatbot. If you want some changes to the chatbot during the year guarantee, there would be a service fee of $50.
Note that we also offer volume discounts. Let’s say you want a specialized chatbot for a particular page or offer. You may have a different chatbot on your homepage for basic information gathering or customer support. If you purchase 2 apps at one time, the second will be offered at half price.
This means that for $300, you will get access to 2 app setups with a guarantee of one year. For each, any changes or other services (i.e. adding an extreme feature) would incur a $50 charge. We will track your account and you will have access as well.
So What Are You Waiting For?
This is a good question! There is no reason to not get your own chatbot in place today. We have a team that specializes in creating these for you, and there is no industry or purpose that we cannot handle (as long as it is legal). Contact us today and let’s get you started!
Here is our link to demos of some chatbots that we have prepared to show you some of the possibilities you have working with us: CHATBOT DEMOS
If you are ready to get started you can fill out the forms we have to onboard you and set up an appointment (directly under the form) and we will get you started! Here is the link to CHATBOT APPLICATION FORM
We will see you on the inside!
The SMART IM Chat Bot Services Team